Please note these replica jerseys will not arrive until w/c 13th September due to unforseen production delays.
Workington Town will turn their blue to red in memory of 2 very special people!
‘Let's go Red for Kev'
In 2020 plans were under way to produce a charity shirt in memory of ex player and coach Kevin Gartland (Kebsi) and Kev Lever one of our biggest fans. The game shutdown and we didn’t get chance to fulfil our promise.
We didn’t forget.
On the 12th September at our final game of the season against Hunslet we will remember and honour two fantastic people from our club who are greatly missed. We will go red for the Kevs.
This is a joint fundraising effort by Town, the Kebsi13 Committee and the friends & family of Kevin Lever.
- Money raised will be split and donated to causes chosen by each group.
- The shirt has been designed by Kevin Lever's daughter Katelyn.
- The red Incorporates Kevins love for Workington Reds and Liverpool, the red V represents St Helens, the blue V - Town,
- On the collar is Kev Lever’s glasses symbol.
- On the back the KEBSI13 thumbs-up logo has been slightly changed to encase the Town players number. Kebsi's club Ellenborough Rangers crest is embossed behind the number and Kebsi 13 which was Kev’s number sits below.
- On the day we encourage everyone who attends to wear red in a show of support to both families. There’ll be bucket collections and an auction of the playing jerseys after the game followed by live music from local band and friends of Kebsi - Broken English!
Kebsi’s committee said ‘’As a rugby league family, our greatest game takes enormous pride in supporting each other, the support Ellenborough Rangers received for Kebsi was amazing!
Kevin Gartland (Kebsi) showed great courage, he fought MND to the end, he was an inspiration to us all.
Kevin's family are immensely proud that Cumbria MND will receive vital support in his memory.
Kevin's legacy will help support other families battling MND.
We would like to thank one of Kevin's former club Workington Town for helping us raise further funding through the 'Let's go Red for Kev' day against Hunslet and look forward to a great day.
"Play what's in front you, don't worry about what has, could or should happen - live in the now" Kevin Gartland"
Kevin Levers family said ‘’We’d like to sincerely thank the club for everything done in support of Kevin and look forward to a special day to remember him and his passions.’’
Here’s to a fantastic day in honour of two lads who are so missed.